Welcome to Dixie! We realize this year is probably not what you thought Kindergarten would look like for your child and family. Rest assured, the school and kinder team are working hard to make it a great experience.
Here is what we know right now. We will be updating as information comes in!
1. New Ipads will be provided for ALL TK and Kindergarten students. You do NOT need to purchase an Ipad for your student(s). You will hear from Principal Yniguez with the plan for device pick-up. We anticipate this will occur before school begins.
2. We realize there are a lot of questions about what materials are needed. Principal Yniguez and the Dixie PTA are putting together a welcome bag with basic supplies. This will be handed out with your device. Your teachers may give you a list of additional optional supplies.
3. You can expect that your child will be doing some learning on zoom. Our team is putting together training on Schoology (LAUSD's learning platform) and Zoom to help you navigate these programs.
4. Teacher assignments are usually distributed the weekend before school begins. However, Principal Yniguez is making every effort to provide this information earlier this year.
5. We are putting together a virtual Town Hall meeting for TK and Kinder parents. Keep your eye out for more information.